Friday, February 15, 2019

Sunny Sri Lanka

Originally, I had not set my sights on visiting Sri Lanka, yet due to recommendations from friends (Claire and Janelle) and family (Monika and Sabine Held), I booked a flight and a hostel down south, where in January the waves and weather would be just perfect! 

Sri Lanka means Resplendent Island. And to possibly save you some time looking it up, resplendent basically means brilliant, magical, magnificent...


So here come ten reasons why Sri Lanka as lived up to its name! 

**Note: I spent most of my time in Weligama, with short trips to Ella, Udawalawe, Galle, Hikkaduwa and Akurala Beach. 

Gorgeous sunset at Akurala Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reason 3: Connections

The people I met here were warm, friendly, curious and eager to strike up a conversation. Whether chilling with the surf instructors, buyin...