Thursday, October 18, 2018

Annapurna Base Camp Trek Part 1

So a few months ago I decided that while in Nepal I would love to go on a trek. Thankfully I was able to take two weeks off of teaching during the Dashain holidays. This was perfect because October is one of the best times to trek in the Himalayas. After much consideration, I decided to join a group with 3 Sisters Adventure Trekking. This organisation works together with Empowering Women of Nepal to empower women through skills-based training programs and employment opportunities.

The group I was with consisted of a guide and five assistants, all of which were female. My group’s singing trekking sisters supported us up to Annapurna Base Camp and back. I highly recommend trekking with these ladies should you ever come to Nepal!

www.3sistersadventuretrek.com

This trek is truly one of the best experiences I have ever had. I should feel exhausted after 12 days of 6am sunrises, relentless up and down and up and down pathways and adjusting to different conditions up high in remote mountain villages. I’m not. I feel strong and rejuvenated. My heart is full!

Here is Part 1. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reason 3: Connections

The people I met here were warm, friendly, curious and eager to strike up a conversation. Whether chilling with the surf instructors, buyin...