Sunday, August 26, 2018

Time to Fly

Looking back, I’ve been thinking about this adventure for years!  However, the majority of the “wowza-this-is-actually-happening-I’ve-really-got-to-get-organized” stuff started 6 months ago.  On August 4th, 2018, I was finally ready to go. A tad nervous about this whole crazy idea and exhausted from all the thought and effort put into it, I just wanted to get on that plane and go!!

As soon as I left and headed to the train station, I came across a white feather. To a friend and I, coming across such a feather means our fathers are watching over us. What a comfort! Ready to travel with me was another little token of support, a little brown boar. This boar was given to me as a sort of joke, but he definitely had my back on the first leg of my journey to Nepal-that story is for another post...

Right before take-off from ZRH airport, a friend sent me a fitting Latin phrase: alis volat propiis 

„She flies with her own wings.“


Enjoy!
Music: On We Go
Musician: The Diner Music

2 comments:

  1. #whitefeathersforever
    What an incredible lead up to the adventure of a life time! You certainly will fly w your own wings, impacting so many along the way! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, girl, for all your love and support along the way! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Reason 3: Connections

The people I met here were warm, friendly, curious and eager to strike up a conversation. Whether chilling with the surf instructors, buyin...